Oscars 2011 Red Carpet Picks
The 83rd Ocsar Awards ended the film award season for another year. Films like Inception and The King's Speech raked in numerous awards. I must say I actually watched the entire show... well it was recorded by Mother Tan and I did fast forward some parts but for the most of it it wasn't too bad. I'm very happy for both Natalie Portman and Colin Firth for their well deserved wins, but most importantly the fashion! This year saw an emphasis on the body with women showing their figures off. Red and purple where popular colours, with feathers, tulle and sparkle everywhere. My red carpet favourites are below:
- Cate Blanchett: Daring as ever, the Aussie actress wore a violet Givenchy Couture dress. I love the somewhat oriental dress on Blanchett whom looks statuesque and elegant as ever.
- Halle Berry: Wowing in a nude Marchesa dress adorned with crystals and tulle, Berry looks amazing with the dress complementing her luscious skin tone and I'm a big fan of her short do.
- Natalie Portman: Notably a favourite of mine, wearing Rodarte the designers for Black Swan. Portman simply glows in the purple dress with matching tassel earrings.
- Hilary Swank: Adding feathers to the mix, Swank wore Gucci. The bodice is sequin leading to a feathered train it gives somewhat of a 'sea-swept' feel.
- Sandra Bullock: Looking fierce solo on the red carpet in Vera Wang, Bullock is red hot in the figure hugging dress.